It’s a short work week for many of us, especially here in the U.S. where we’re celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday.
We at LSPediA want to thank our customers:
- We appreciate your trust and loyalty, and we look forward to continuing our collaborative efforts to improve your supply chain management, meet DSCSA compliance requirements, and discover new business efficiencies along the way by leveraging the value of serialization.
We’re both delighted and humbled when we get positive feedback from our customers, like this message from Jessica Beaver, Ph.D, VP Regulatory and Business Operations, at Kowa Pharmaceuticals:
- “I’m thankful for the teamwork and comradery that has developed between Kowa Pharmaceuticals and LSPediA over the years. We work seamlessly together and I’m always appreciative of the collaborative effort that has developed between us.” (Thank you, Jessica!)
Thanks again to all our customers. We hope all of you have a fun, joyous, and fulfilling Thanksgiving holiday this year!
Patient Safety and Pharmacovigilance: A History
We’re all thankful for drug safety progress and innovations. The DSCSA is changing the way drugs are tracked and delivered in the U.S. As you know, it’s a huge undertaking—and one that is already improving patient safety. It’s just the latest in a long line of pharmaceutical safety improvements going back more than a hundred years. For instance, did you know that:
- The Biologics Control Act of 1902 was the first effort to regulate vaccines following the deaths of several children from contaminated diphtheria antitoxin?
- The Pure Food and Drug Act, a groundbreaking consumer protection law, was passed in 1906 and eventually became the Food and Drug Administration?
- Deaths from Elixir of Sulfanilamide, a poisonous liquid version of a powder used to successfully treat streptococcus infections, highlighted the need to establish drug safety before marketing in 1937?
See more drug safety stories and milestones in this infographic on The History of Pharmacovigilance from Quanticate.
Don’t Forget: Big DSCSA Milestones Keep Coming
LSPediA can help you on your journey, ensuring you meet all compliance requirements and deadlines, and guiding you toward comprehensive business efficiency. Contact us today or request a demo to see how the right partner—and solutions like RXChain and OneScan™ VRS—can make all the difference. Learn to work smarter, reduce waste, and generate profitability.