Are you ready for Track and Trace? Up on the latest movements with the Drug Supply Chain Security Act? And what about the latest developments in digital supply chain managements? LSPediA is sponsoring six sessions, roundtables and more on all these topics at the Healthcare Distribution Alliance’s 2019 Distribution Management Conference and Expo, March 10 to March 13 in Palm Desert, Calif.
You also can get a close-up and personal look at LSPediA’s complete modular Verification Router Service solution and a live demonstration at our booth, No. 600 at the exhibitor hall. Our VRS is up and running now for you to try. This is a turnkey solution that can be installed immediately to get your company compliant with the November verification rules. We’ll also be discussing the success of LSPediA’s RxChain serialization solution and answering any and all questions you have about making sure your company complies with the looming November DSCSA verification rules.
LSPediA-sponsored conference events include:
- DSCSA 101 (10 a.m. Monday): This session is designed for anyone who’s new to the pharmaceutical supply chain; has responsibility for implementing the Drug Supply Chain Security Act, or is charged with other responsibilities that may be affected by the legislation.
- DSCSA UPDATE (11:30 a.m. Monday): The FDA recently issued several draft or final guides, and held multiple public meetings on the landmark statute’s implementation. This session will provide an overview of the information and direction provided by the agency to date.
- TRACEABILITY DISPENSER PANEL (2:15 p.m. Monday): The role of dispensers will intensify under the DSCSA as they consider how to meet such requirements as only accepting products with the required product identifier or verifying products units during suspect product investigations. A panel from the retail/pharmacy community will share their current thinking, approaches and challenges regarding DSCSA implementation.
- DIGITAL SUPPLY CHAINS – The Power Behind Serialization/Distribution in Parallel Industries (3:30 p.m. Monday): Learn about the advanced capabilities of digital supply chains, such as drones, the Internet of things, wearables and cognitive computing. Coupled with item-, case- and pallet-level serial numbers, these developments uniquely position the life sciences supply chain to finally become truly digital.
- A SUPPLY CHAIN PERSPECTIVE ON DSCSA MILESTONES (10 a.m. Tuesday): Manufacturer, distributor and dispenser representatives will outline their current thoughts on DSCSA compliance activities. Topics will include lessons learned from the 2018 manufacturer milestone and discussion of future deadlines,
- TRACEABILITY ROUNDTABLES (11:15 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tuesday): Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss operational issues associated with traceability implementation. Choose a topic of interest, rotate through tables, and convene with peers in small roundtable discussions, hosted by industry experts. Highlights from the discussions will be shared at the end of the session.
More than 600 manufacturers, distributors, consultants, and other members of the pharma distribution industry are expected to attend to discuss and review healthcare supply chain issues. The three-day event will be held at the JW Marriott Desert Springs in Palm Desert. You can get more details and registration information from the HDA.