Thanksgiving is here again, so we want to say thank you to all of our customers, blog readers, and wonderful folks we’ve met at this year’s events. LSPediA is grateful to serve a wonderful community of distributors, suppliers, and dispensers, and we hope you all enjoy your celebrations with friends and family.
And speaking of thanks, let’s not forget the supply chain effort and herculean logistics that go into warehousing and shipping all of those holiday potatoes, green beans, rolls, and—of course—turkeys. Did you know that…
- Americans consume 52 million turkeys on Thanksgiving Day
- 90% of the turkeys sold for Thanksgiving Day are frozen
- All those frozen turkeys cost more to produce, warehouse, and deliver than their grocery store prices reflect —meaning producers often lose money to accommodate customers
Learn more about turkey logistics here. And, after you’ve enjoyed your own Thanksgiving feast, gobble up some of these tasty pharmaceutical, supply chain, serialization news items:
- The World’s Biggest Pharmaceutical Markets By Country: The country in the top spot may not surprise you, but check out the whole list.
- The World’s Top Pharmaceutical Distributors: Three companies account for more than 90 percent of all revenues from drug distribution in the United States.
- How Much Do Drug Companies Spend on Research and Development? Pharmaceutical companies spend, on average, about 17% of revenues on R&D—see more facts at the link.
- The World’s 25 Biggest Supply Chain Companies: Gartner compiles a yearly list of the biggest movers and shakers in the global supply chain market.
LSPediA is a leading provider of DSCSA, Serialization, VRS, Pharmacy Solution, and Supply Chain Artificial Intelligence. Our customers are manufacturers, repackages, wholesale distributors, and dispensers. LSPediA provides the top-of-line technology to customers FDA’s DSCSA requirement that is cost effective with valued added operations. Our solution enables the end-to-end serial traceability for inventory visibility and supply chain security.